- How to roll it
- Whereabouts was it made
- Zinc infusing pre or post sheet rolling
- Separate trade?
Aglets as a business
- Standalone business?
- Contract worker? (Someone brings you the materials, you make stuff?)
- How many per hour/day do you have to make
- Compare to other trades (buttons, needles, etc)
- Look in the Medici books
- Was the leatherworking (dying, currying etc) part of the nestler's trade?
- What was the common unit of sale (a dozen?)
- How to make the various colours
- What the tools used were (e.g. the moon knives)
- What animal?
- Do different thicknesses, animals, etc make a difference to the aglets and how easy they are to make
- Investigate and experiment with different materials and patterns
- Tools required
- Other decorative features beyond the spirals
- How to make these work
- Does the cord get riveted in place before rolling the aglet?
- Iron, copper, other?
- Is it needed
- Annealing techniques
- Cleaning the brass afterwards
- Who would have done this?